Pepperoni Pizza Salad
I like to serve this refreshing salad during the summer when my family craves pizza but I don't want to heat up the house by turning on the oven. It's so popular at potlucks that I always bring home an empty bowl.
-Cathy Riebschlager, Hordville, Nebraska
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, cheese,
- pepperoni, olives and onion. In a small bowl, combine the tomato
- juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with croutons. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium,