We give traditional pizza a twist by rolling up the usual toppings in egg roll wrappers, then deep-frying them. Yum!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 14 pieces string cheese
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, Parmesan cheese and pizza seasoning. Place an egg roll wrapper on a work surface with a point facing you; place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner. Top with about 2 tablespoons pepperoni mixture.
- Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Using a pastry brush, wet the top corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 14 egg rolls.
Originally published as Pizza Egg Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p18
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review