Pepperoni Pizza Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Bake unpricked pastry shell at 375° for 11 minutes. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Swiss cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, oregano, cayenne and pepper; pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese over quiche. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and olives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 375 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Quiche
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.