Pepperoni Pizza Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Bake unpricked pastry shell at 375° for 11 minutes. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Swiss cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, oregano, cayenne and pepper; pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese over quiche. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and olives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 375 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Quiche
"Look fwd. to trying this. As with all TOH recipes though it's sure to be a winner! Since I must limit carbs, this recipe limits them. Am glad about that."
"Makes two quiches. And its very delicious. Next time, I might add some red pepper flakes to give it a kick, but was very good according to the recipe."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.