Pepperoni Pizza Quiche Recipe
Field editor Debbie White of Williamson, West Virginia puts ever-popular ingredients into a pastry crust for her appealing "pizza pie". She writes, "There's seldom a slice left when I serve it to family or company."
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 375° for 11 minutes. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Swiss cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, oregano, cayenne and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, thyme, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese over quiche. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and olives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pizza Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Quiche(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 18, 2013
Makes two quiches. And its very delicious. Next time, I might add some red pepper flakes to give it a kick, but was very good according to the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >