Pepperoni Pizza Pita
"With its no-fuss pita crust, this pizza makes a quick meal for one," says Jeannette Derner of Newport News, Virginia. "And if you're serving a family individual pizzas are perfecteveryone can choose their own toppings!"
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 whole pita bread (6 inches)
- 6 pepperoni slices
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread pizza sauce over pita bread. Top with pepperoni, mushrooms and
- cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-6
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with turkey pepperoni and par-skim mozzarella cheese) equals 275 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.