Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Recipe
Adding pizzazz to platters is a simple process for Suzan Suskie of Whitesboro, New York. "Bow tie pasta and colorful peppers make this dish look as good as it tastes," she relates. "Quick and easy to toss together, it's an impressive addition to the dinner table or any buffet...for as long as it last!"
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, halved and sliced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add stewed tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pepperoni, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes. Drain pasta; add to the tomato mixture. Add cheese and toss well. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pizza Pasta in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Pasta(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >