- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green pepper and olives. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled unsliced pizza loaf in heavy-duty foil. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before reheating. Remove from foil and reheat loaf on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through. Serve as directed. Yield: 10-12 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Loaf
Sort By :
"I have made a version of this for almost 40 years. I use toppings I like. I recently started making my own fresh pizza dough. It is cheaper and cuts down on the prep time by several hours since I don't have to wait for frozen bread to thaw and rise. When I started making this, I had to freeze 1/2 the loaf for later. Now I double and triple the recipe and there are never any leftovers. My kids are grown now but bring their chidren and their friends over. They all gobble it up."
"This is my MOST favorite take on pizza, ever. The egg wash of spice blend is superb & it's a family favorite!I raved about this recipe in a blog post:http://mydarlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/08/make-pizza-loaf.html?_sm_au_=iVVs0PcHkMckLSMrThank you for sharing & keep the yummy eats coming! :)"
"Perfect and delicious. Peppers made it. Could use whatever toppings you like."
"Great and easy"
"This was great for snacking with friends watching football!"