Pepperoni Pizza Loaf Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green pepper and olives. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf. Yield: 10-12 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Loaf
Sort By :
"Perfect and delicious. Peppers made it. Could use whatever toppings you like."
"Great and easy"
"This was great for snacking with friends watching football!"
"Extremely good!! This recipe was a hit at our family gathering. I made a variety of stromboli with this being at the top of the favorite list. I did not use the frozen bread dough as I didn't want to get a 5 package at this time so substituted a tube of crusty french bread dough with very good results. The substitution is the only reason I left off a star for my rating but it was a 5 in my book as I made it!!!"
"SO good! I made this exactly as directed, and everyone loved it."