- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and transfer to
- a large bowl. Stir in the pasta sauce, brown sugar, fennel seed,
- tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes if desired.
- In the same pan, cook pepperoni for 4-5 minutes or until lightly
- browned; remove to paper towels to drain.
- In another large bowl, combine the mozzarella, ricotta, 1 cup
- Parmesan, eggs, 4 tablespoons parsley, basil, pepper and remaining
- Drain noodles. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; top
- with 3 or 4 pepperoni slices. Carefully roll up; place seam side
- down in prepared dish. Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with
- remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll-up equals 329 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.