Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
Tastes like pizza, looks like manicotti and everyone loves it! It works great for teacher meetings and potlucks because it can be made well in advance, reheated as needed, and travels well. It's easier than stuffing filling into manicotti noodles!—Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the pasta sauce, brown sugar, fennel seed, tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes if desired.
- 3. In the same pan, cook pepperoni for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to paper towels to drain.
- 4. In another large bowl, combine the mozzarella, ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan, eggs, 4 tablespoons parsley, basil, pepper and remaining salt.
- 5. Drain noodles. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; top with 3 or 4 pepperoni slices. Carefully roll up; place seam side down in prepared dish. Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- 6. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 roll-up equals 329 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC