Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
- 16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragu® Old World Style Sweet Tomato Basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1-1/8 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the pasta sauce, brown sugar, fennel seed, tarragon, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes if desired.
- In the same pan, cook pepperoni for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to paper towels to drain.
- In another large bowl, combine the mozzarella, ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan, eggs, 4 tablespoons parsley, basil, pepper and remaining salt.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; top with 3 or 4 pepperoni slices. Carefully roll up; place seam side down in prepared dish. Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups
Sort By :
"yummy was all gone in a flash, big hit"
"Yum! My family loved it and said it was a keeper!"
"Sounds great. I'm subbing regular onion for the sweet onion and cottage cheese for the ricotta. Skipping the pepperoni because I don't care for it. Adding in some diced green pepper . I can almost taste it now."
"Very good. Made it tonight. Cooking the pepperoni first made it taste extra good. Definately a "make again""
"This sounds like something my grandsons would love. Love the presentation. Can't wait to try.....means grand kids will be HERE!!!!"