Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Sandwiches Recipe
"My father-in-law loves pizza toppings and grilled cheese sandwiches, so my mother-in-law and I came up with this recipe that combines the two," says Stacie Simpson of Florence, Texas. "These are great with ranch dresssing, too."
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Spread two slices of bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. Cook in a preheated sandwich maker according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 331 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 952 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC