Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Chili
Sort By :
4 out of 5 of the people living in our household enjoy this chili. The other one doesn't eat ground beef, so she doesn't count.
I'm a big fan of chili and every Friday night by family does pizza themed food. This I had to try for Friday and it was very delicious! I will definitely be doing this again!
I just won a chili cook-off with this recipe!!! Super good!
I made this for a family reunion, it was a huge success. I tripled the recipe and the pot was empty in no time.
Easy & flavorful!