Pepperoni Pizza Chili
We love this on a chilly day. A big bowl warms you right up, and the leftovers freeze well. I first made this recipe one day when I decided I didn't enjoy making pizza crust—I just put the pizza in a bowl instead!
Cowen, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce,
- water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili
- reaches desired thickness. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,102 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein.