- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Chili
"I'm glad I tested this recipe-I honestly felt that the recipe could've been more flavorful! I used ground turkey instead of ground beef for health reasons & browned the turkey in 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. I had substituted a 24-oz. jar of Marinara sauce since I didn't have pizza sauce. I'd omitted the tomato sauce, but used the Italian stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, water, salt, Italian seasoning, 1 WHOLE green pepper. I substituted a 3-oz. summer sausage from Hickory Farms since I didn't have pepperoni on hand. This was good and I did enjoy it! Thank you for sharing! ( Please note that it WAS NOT the ground turkey needing more flavor!) delowenstein"
"This recipe was a nice change from traditional chili recipes! We added sour cream as well as cheese to the final product......mmmmmm!"
"This is so easy to make and everyone always loves it. We pair it with garlic bread."
"4 out of 5 of the people living in our household enjoy this chili. The other one doesn't eat ground beef, so she doesn't count."
"I'm a big fan of chili and every Friday night by family does pizza themed food. This I had to try for Friday and it was very delicious! I will definitely be doing this again!"