Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings <i>each</i>).
1-1/3 cups: 492 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
"Great dish for a crowd. I used Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms instead of Turkey and canned mushroom stems. I also added peppers, garlic and some fresh herbs, just the way I make my Pizza! My 5 year old was excited to have two of her favorites, pizza and pasta, in one meal! Definately a keeper!"
"Quick and easy and so delicious! I did omit a few items only because I didn't have them on hand, diced tomatoes and green chilies and mushrooms. The casserole still came out scrumptious. My grandkids loved it.Thanks!"
"I'm not a big casserole fan, but since I've started having the extended family over once a week, I have been giving them another try. This one was a big hit with the family! I didn't read the recipe closely enough until the day of when I realized this was supposed to make TWO casseroles. So instead I used about 12 ounces of noodles and added alittle extra spaghetti sauce that I already had opened and just made one very full 9x13. I also added black olives on the top per some of the other reviews. It was a crowd pleaser!"
"Good taste, but could have used much more sauce. I added black olives on top because that's how I like my pizza!"
"Simply loved it!I added a green pepper in with the onion... mmm mmm good :-)"
"This recipe is very easy to make and was a hit with my family. We substituted regular hamburger meat and pepperoni, but it was still wonderful! I will definitely put this in the recipe box for future use."
"This recipe was very easy to make. With a family of six(3Adults & 3Children) we had plenty of food and even had some left over! I would recommend this recipe to anyone who is on a budget and enjoys a combination of pizza and casserole!!!!GREAT!!!"
"We really enjoyed this one. Cut recipe in half. Didn't have the turkey pepperoni so used regular. It was great. Thanks"
"Great, quick and easy dinner. I halved the recipe to make only one but still used a full jar of spaghetti sauce and a full can of diced tomatoes. It was wonderful!"
"This is a very good recipe, a substitute for spaghetti! Would recommend to anyone"