Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe
Loaded with popular pizza flavors, this noodle bake is sure to be a winner with all ages. You can use ground beef instead of turkey. I like to serve it with garlic bread and a salad. —Debbie Staley, Mt. Vernon, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings <i>each</i>).
1-1/3 cups equals 492 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC