Pepperoni Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 6 pieces frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1-3/4 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced green pepper and ripe olives, optional
- Prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Meanwhile, shape beef into 12 thin patties.
- Top six patties with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, three slices of pepperoni, and one slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter.
- Top burgers with remaining pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve burgers on Texas toast with mushrooms, olives, Parmesan cheese and peppers and olives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
Sort By :
Yummy, yummy, yummy
These are soooo delicious. They are very tasty the next day for lunch without the Texas toast. I have made these three times and everyone loves them. I lightened it up with turkey pepperoni and lean ground beef.