Pepperoni Pizza Bread
This is such an easy appetizer to make for any get-together. It tastes like a pizza but with a thicker crust.—Sherry Adams, Mount Ayr, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French or Italian sandwich roll (about 4 to 5 inches long)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Slice roll in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet. Spread pizza
- sauce over each half. Top with pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden
- brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and part-skim mozzarella cheese) equals 132 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.