Pepperoni Pizza Bake
On nights my husband works late or our children have after-school commitments, I rely on this one-dish wonder. —Catherine Yeats, Lewiston, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 2-1/4 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine noodles and 3/4 cup pizza sauce. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining pizza sauce.
- Layer with the mushrooms, olives and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.