- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, cheese, oregano and egg yolk. In another small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy; set aside. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- Place cut side down on greased baking sheets; brush tops with egg white. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pinwheels
"This is an excellent, much-loved recipe in my house! Just a couple of suggestions--after making the "jelly rolls", it's best to refrigerate them for a while to make slicing easier. Also, I use parchment paper when cooking these--they stick very easily otherwise."
"I threw these together for a last-minute birthday celebration: 15 people on their way to my house! These were easy to assemble, and the ingredients are ones that I would likely have on hand any time. They were the first appetizer to be finished at our gathering. I will definitely make them again!"
"Would serve with marinara or pizza sauce."
"Was very good and easy appetizer! Several friends asked me for the receipe. Would definitely make again!"
"This is an older TOH recipe..but it is a kid pleaser! Kids can help make this and they just love it."