These golden brown rounds from field editor Vikki Rebholz of West Chester, Ohio, have lots of pepperoni flavor. "They're easy to make, and really good!" says Vikki.
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, cheese, oregano and egg yolk. In another small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy; set aside. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- Place cut side down on greased baking sheets; brush tops with egg white. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pinwheels in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p22
Reviews for Pepperoni Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review