Pepperoni Pinwheels Recipe
These golden brown rounds from field editor Vikki Rebholz of West Chester, Ohio, have lots of pepperoni flavor. "They're easy to make, and really good!" says Vikki.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, cheese, oregano and egg yolk. In another small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy; set aside. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- 2. Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- 3. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets; brush tops with egg white. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC