Pepperoni Pinwheels Recipe
These golden brown rounds from field editor Vikki Rebholz of West Chester, Ohio, have lots of pepperoni flavor. "They're easy to make, and really good!" says Vikki.
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni, cheese, oregano and egg yolk. In another small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy; set aside. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.
- 2. Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- 3. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets; brush tops with egg white. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC