Sun-dried tomatoes and turkey pepperoni lend fantastic flavor to this creamy, hearty pasta dish. It's a great change of pace from everyday spaghetti. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes in butter for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Penne Carbonara in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p138
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Penne Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review