Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Here's my homemade version of a family-favorite Italian restaurant entree. For a change of pace, I substitute hamburger for pepperoni, add Italian seasonings and use a mix of fun pasta shapes including rotini and corkscrew.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions;
- drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green
- pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato
- paste and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 494 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,155 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.