Pepperoni Pasta Bake Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 494 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1155mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta Bake
"So delicious! My grandkids loved it as well! I will definitely be making this again."
"Delicious !!!!!!!!Enjoyed preparing it.... :)"
"I made this the other night for dinner. My husband really enjoyed the pepperoni in a dish other than on pizza. I added a few fresh herbs and used our own homemade pizza sauce (instead of the jared sauce, tomato pasta and canned sauce). I also used whole wheat pasta and reduced fat cheeses to lightly up the dish. As an additional bonus for flavor I added 3 cloves of garlic and fresh button mushrooms. While the pasta cooked I sautéed up the green peppers, garlic, and mushrooms."
"I thought this was fine but not special enough to save the recipe or make again."
"Very good, the family loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!"
"I really enjoyed this recipe! the sauce is great, I also added a little garlic and basil."
"Mmmmm really good. All the sauce is really good in it too, it's not too liquid or anything. Smells great baking; smells like pizza!"
"I have a question? Why do I need spaghatt sauce, tomato sauce and tomato paste?Katts"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.