- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Sort By :
"I made this the other night for dinner. My husband really enjoyed the pepperoni in a dish other than on pizza. I added a few fresh herbs and used our own homemade pizza sauce (instead of the jared sauce, tomato pasta and canned sauce). I also used whole wheat pasta and reduced fat cheeses to lightly up the dish. As an additional bonus for flavor I added 3 cloves of garlic and fresh button mushrooms. While the pasta cooked I sautéed up the green peppers, garlic, and mushrooms."
"I thought this was fine but not special enough to save the recipe or make again."
"Very good, the family loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!"