Here's my homemade version of a family-favorite Italian restaurant entree. For a change of pace, I substitute hamburger for pepperoni, add Italian seasonings and use a mix of fun pasta shapes including rotini and corkscrew.
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Pasta Bake in Country Woman May/June 2001, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review