- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, green pepper and onion. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Sort By :
I made this the other night for dinner. My husband really enjoyed the pepperoni in a dish other than on pizza. I added a few fresh herbs and used our own homemade pizza sauce (instead of the jared sauce, tomato pasta and canned sauce). I also used whole wheat pasta and reduced fat cheeses to lightly up the dish. As an additional bonus for flavor I added 3 cloves of garlic and fresh button mushrooms. While the pasta cooked I sautéed up the green peppers, garlic, and mushrooms.
I thought this was fine but not special enough to save the recipe or make again.
Very good, the family loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >