- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, wagon wheel pasta or pastas of your choice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with half the pasta and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pasta
"This is a delicious pasta recipe that is easy to make. I didn't originally see the part about using "uncooked noodles" so I did precook my spiral noodles. To keep it simple and kid-friendly for my two picky eaters, I omitted the garlic and mushroom stems. But I'm sure it's just as tasty as written."
"Pretty good recipe to use for potlucks. Easy to make. Pasta does go in uncooked and comes out just fine. I used the spiral pasta."
"Quick, easy and great for weeknights. I make this up in the morning and when I get home I just pop it in the oven.Newmarket, yes, the pasta goes in uncooked."
"I want to check that you do put UNCOOKED pasta in the casserole"
"This was so good and so easy. I added some pizza seasoning to it and used mozzarella cheese since that is all I had. It was super good!!"
"I have a question, do you put the pasta in uncooked?? And if so, does it cook thoroughly in 30 minutes?"
"Update! I used the Swiss cheese instead of the Provolone, and did use the Mozzarella."
"I made it to the recipe, except I used grated swiss cheese that I had in the frig. Being that there is just two of us, I divided it into 2 8x8 pans and baked one for dinner and covered the other one with foil and put in the freezer unbaked for the future."
"I used all mozzarella (no provolone), and used more than 2 cups. Since we do not like green peppers, I didn't use one. Before sprinkling with Parmesan cheese, I placed extra pieces of pepperoni on top, giving it a "pizza-look," then I sprinkled with Parmesan. I baked it until the cheese was golden on top, and the cheese around the edges of the dish were brown and crunchy -- yum! -Lori in WI."
"My two sons (6 and 2) loved this!"