An everyday pasta bake gets jazzed up with pepperoni, sausage and olives. Because it can be assembled ahead of time and baked right before serving, it’s my handy go-to when I need something on the fly. —Marlene Mohr, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and milk. Stir in sausage mixture, macaroni, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Macaroni in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review