- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and milk. Stir in sausage mixture, macaroni, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Macaroni
Sort By :
"Delicious. I used spicy sausage which was good, and little mini pepperonis so I didn't have to dice them up. I also added spinach, and looked hard for high fructose free pizza sauce (dietary thing), and it was delicious. I also forgot the milk so it wasn't as bound as it might have been with the milk. Next time Milk."
"This has always been a favorite of mine. I usually add spicy pepperoni to give it a little more flavor. Think spicy sausage would be good too"
"used what was on hand and that was not per recipe. had no mushrooms or tomato sauce. skipped the mushrooms but used extra milk and tomato paste. had pork sausage, but no italian so added oregano and garlic powder. went 4 cups of macaroni and 3 cups of mozz. so i added 10 minutes to cook covered time and went the 15 on the uncovered time. from the few bites i have had we are enjoying it and will make again."
"This is a yummy recipe! Great flavor combination!"
"Easy and delicious!"