Pepperoni Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and pepperoni. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 356 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.