- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and pepperoni. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Lasagna
Sort By :
"I first made this delicious lasagna for New Year's Day 2010 when we had a houseful of family & friends over to celebrate & I wanted to prepare the meal ahead of time. This was one of the two types of lasagna I made--the other being the TOH recipe from the same issue for Traditional Lasagna. Both were very popular! But, this one has become a recipe that is often requested for birthdays & Christmas Eve at our house. The only change I make is to use 8 oz. of pepperoni rather than 3 1/2. Our family loves Italian food, as you can tell by our Italian surname. Easy to fix, stores well in the refrigerator until baking time. Increase baking time by 10 minutes if you refrigerate it."
"Absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this great recipe. I seldom like to eat the same thing two days in a row, but this recipe is the exception. Love it!!"
"Saved this one!! Grandson LOVES pepperoni; plan to make it special for him when he comes to visit."
"delicious recipe. Adding pizza toppings would be a good option. Also, instead of starting with the meat mixture on the bottom, I started with the lasagna noodles to hold it together better while cutting. I also did 3 noodles per layer, 3 layers. 4 noodles will not fit in the pan..."
"Update: I had baked these in two 8X8" dishes and frozen one, and I am wondering if I inadvertently left out the eggs, which would account for why there was so much liquid! Will try again!"