I've served this satisfying lasagna for years - when our children were small, they preferred it more than a steak dinner! Now my grandchildren request that I bring a pan along when I visit...and, of course, I do. -Barbara McIntosh, Midland, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and pepperoni. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p29
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepperoni Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review