"My grandma and I created this kids' version of a German breakfast dish," relates Jaycee Gfeller of Russell, Kansas. "Serve it with toast or English muffins."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes and onion in butter until tender
- and lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, milk,
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with pepperoni. Cover and cook on
- medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from
- the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 267 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.