"We enjoy this fresh-tasting frittata with fresh fruit and toast," shares Nancy Daly of Douglas, Wyoming. "It even makes a good weeknight supper."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup small cauliflowerets
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 26 slices pepperoni
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onions in oil until tender.
- Add the zucchini, cauliflower and eggs. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Arrange pepperoni over eggs. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until
- eggs are completely set and top is lightly browned. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.