Pepperoni Cheese Twists Recipe
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 1 teaspoon oil from the jar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and their oil, pepperoni, cheese, rosemary, water, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread tomato mixture lengthwise over half of dough.
- 3. Fold dough over filling: press edges to seal. Cut widthwise into fourteen 1-in.-wide strips. Fold each strip in half; twist two or three times. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 14 cheese twists.
1 cheese twist equals 90 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Pepperoni Cheese Twists
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.