Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, diced
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, pepperoni and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain ravioli; toss with cream sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 412 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.