"This nicely spiced pasta toss is a wonderful last-minute main dish," writes Lisa Mouton of Orlando, Florida. "If you make a salad while the frozen ravioli cooks, you can have dinner ready in a half hour."
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, diced
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, pepperoni and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain ravioli; toss with cream sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review