Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, diced
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms, pepperoni and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, oregano and cayenne; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Drain ravioli; toss with cream sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli(3)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe to use if dress up plain old ravioli. It is very quick and the sour cream compliments the sauce nicely. I left out the mushrooms and onion. I would suggest using a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce or a 14 oz. can of pizza sauce. I did not have any cheese ravioli on hand so I used beef filled ravioli. It was just as good and I added 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the mixture as well. If you are using cheese ravioli- try mixing in 1 pound of cooked ground beef. You could also try using less pasta if you will add the beef. Very easy and quick- good recipe for last minute dinners.
This is very tasty! However, I doubled the amount of sauce ingredients, expecting it to be enough for 2 bags of frozen ravioli. It definitely wasn't. Tasted great with turkey pepperoni.
Good recipe. My changes: I used a 9 ounce package of fresh cheese tortellini, and half the pepperoni, chopped the onion and it was perfect. I can't imagine using as much pasta as this recipe calls for.