Pepperoni Cheese Bread
As a stay-at-home mother of two little girls, Dusti Christensen of Goodridge, Minnesota packs a lot of activity into her days. The bread machine makes it a snap for her to turn out this attractive loaf that gets its zip from cayenne pepper, pepperoni and Mexican cheese.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add the cheese and pepperoni. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2
- pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 177 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium,