Pepperoni Caesar Salad Recipe
"Here's my recipe to make the best-tasting Caesar salad ever," relates Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. Pepperoni slices add a spicy spin to the classic combination of crisp romaine and crunchy croutons in a garlic dressing.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 4 ounces halved sliced pepperoni (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine romaine and pepperoni. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC