Pepperoni Caesar Salad
Nancy Stock of Minonk, Illinois shares this unique Caesar salad. Pepperoni, avocado and egg are unconventional ingredients that add a kick to an old favorite.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 8 slices pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, sliced
- 1/3 cup salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- On a salad plate, arrange the lettuce, pepperoni, tomato, avocado,
- egg and croutons. Drizzle with salad dressing; sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 356 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.