"This chewy bread, flecked with spicy pepperoni, is a favorite no matter where I take it," reports Annette Self of Junction City, Ohio. "I often use slices of it to make garlic bread when I serve Italian meals," she adds.
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose medium crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pepperoni. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pepperoni Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p33
Reviews for Pepperoni Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"I have used this recipe for years. I make it at least once a month. I use 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt, in place of garlic salt."