Pepperoni Bread Recipe
"This chewy bread, flecked with spicy pepperoni, is a favorite no matter where I take it," reports Annette Self of Junction City, Ohio. "I often use slices of it to make garlic bread when I serve Italian meals," she adds.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose medium crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pepperoni. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pepperoni Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p33
Reviews for Pepperoni Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
I have used this recipe for years. I make it at least once a month. I use 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt, in place of garlic salt.