Pepperoni Biscuit Bites
“Being single, I’m always on the lookout for inexpensive food that’s quick and easy to prepare,” says Yvonne Roche of Lebanon, Missouri. “These little pizza-flavored pockets are great for the toaster oven.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tube (6 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, oil and seasonings. Cut
- each biscuit in half. Place one pepperoni slice on each half; fold
- dough over pepperoni and pinch edges to seal. Dip in tomato mixture.
- Place in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Bake in a toaster oven at 450° for 10-12
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 biscuits (prepared with turkey pepperoni) equals 277 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.