Pepperoni Angel Hair
This noodle side dish is so versatile that it can accompany steak, pork chops, chicken or even hamburgers. Chill leftovers to serve as a cool main-dish salad on a warm summer night. When time allows, I like to replace the pepperoni with sliced cooked chicken.
-Julie Mosher, Coldwater, Michigan
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into thirds
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine
- the cucumber, green pepper, pepperoni and olives in a large bowl.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to pepperoni mixture.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss
- to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 483 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,413 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.