Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup
Anyone who likes pizza will love this soup. My sons, Nathan and Tyson, help themselves to big bowl when they get home from college in the evening.Donna Britsch, Tega Cay, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes
- or until tender. Add the water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes,
- sausage and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.