- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, tomatoes, sausage and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Soup
"Delicious soup. Made this a few times and I omit the pepperoni and I use 1 cup of sausage. We liked it much better that way. I also put it in the crock pot for 6-7 hours on low. I always double the recipe."
"Really hits the spot on a cold winter day. You can adapt this recipe and add your favorite toppings."
"Love this soup. If you're serving more than 2 you really should double this recipe."
"I love this recipe. Because we do have some health issues, I use a turkey Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni. I usually double the recipe because it goes so fast!"
"Very good, my son loved it. Used hot Italian sausage and a little more pizza sauce."