Pepperoncini Pasta Salad
"My family comes from a very hop part of Italy, so chilled pasta salads are always a big hit," notes Rosemary Morgan, Pacifica, California. "To top off this light meal, I suggest taking a walk after dinner with your loved ones." Pepperoncini gives the dish zip, and olive oil dressing add Mediterranean flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, olives and pepperoncini. In a
- small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and
- pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 184 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.