"This is a refreshing dessert for busy mothers," suggests Ingersoll, Ontario's Pamela Brown. "I created it to use up broken candy canes after Christmas one year." Pamela sets the whip in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy the following day, but you can also freeze it saving time in the future.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1/4 cup
- for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-in. square dish.
- In a bowl, combine the marshmallows, candies and cranberries. Fold in
- the whipped cream. Spread over the crust; sprinkle with reserved
- crumb mixture. Freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer
- 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.