Peppermint Whip Recipe
"This is a refreshing dessert for busy mothers," suggests Ingersoll, Ontario's Pamela Brown. "I created it to use up broken candy canes after Christmas one year." Pamela sets the whip in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy the following day, but you can also freeze it saving time in the future.
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-in. square dish.
- In a bowl, combine the marshmallows, candies and cranberries. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread over the crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Whip in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p65
Reviews for Peppermint Whip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review