Peppermint Twist Kisses Recipe
- 36 candy cane kisses or milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 8 drops red food coloring
- Freeze kisses in a covered container for at least 1 hour. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half; tint one portion red. Divide each into four portions. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape each portion into a 9-in. log. Place one red log next to one white log; twist gently to create one swirled roll. Roll gently until roll becomes one log. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cut each log into nine slices; roll each into a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Press chocolate kisses into the center of warm cookies. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Twist Kisses(4)
Sort By :
Super easy. The boys loved them. Had to make another batch!
Fun to make. Pretty to look at. Festive looking. Tastes good too.
This is my new favorite Christmas cookie recipe and my Grandsons love them too! The chocolate and peppermint are so good together and they are also so pretty. I always make a double batch. I never thought anything would replace our favorite peanut butter kiss cookie recipe but this did the trick! Yum!
they were yummy, i substuted vanilla for the peppermint, theyre the perfect texture, not to soft, not to crispy