Peppermint Truffle Bars Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Add vanilla and remaining butter; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth; set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in extract and chocolate mixture. Pour over crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. Using foil, lift bars out of pan; cut into triangles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 each: 75 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Peppermint Truffle Bars
"I used vanilla extract instead of peppermint bc I was making them for a fall party, and peppermint seemed too wintry. But I can't wait to try them the original way!"
"I used vanilla extract instead of peppermint bc I was making them for a fall party, and peppermint seemed to wintry. But I can't wait to try them the original way!"
"They are wonderful. I am not partial to peppremint, so I used rum extract."
"These were very good and fairly easy to make."
"These are quick, easy, and out of this world. Everyone raved about them. I would try different flavorings, too, such as almond with espresso."