Peppermint Truffle Bars Recipe
These truffles are one of the greatest candies I have ever tasted. They will disappear as fast as you make them.—Alysha Braun, St Catharines, Ontario
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Add vanilla and remaining butter; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth; set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in extract and chocolate mixture. Pour over crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. Using foil, lift bars out of pan; cut into triangles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 bar equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC