Peppermint Swirl Fudge
Indulge in candy-shop flavor with these rich swirled squares. For Christmasy color, I add crushed peppermint candies and red food coloring. —Suzette Jury, Keene, California
81 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9-in.-square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chips; stir until smooth. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in frosting and extract. Spread into prepared pan.
- Randomly place drops of food coloring over fudge; cut through fudge
- with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with candies. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge
- into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.