Indulge in candy-shop flavor with these rich swirled squares. For Christmasy color, I add crushed peppermint candies and red food coloring. —Suzette Jury, Keene, California
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chips; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in frosting and extract. Spread into prepared pan. Randomly place drops of food coloring over fudge; cut through fudge with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with candies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Peppermint Swirl Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p68
Reviews for Peppermint Swirl Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review